Friday 22 June 2007

The First Post (Again!)

Well, so here we are again, folks!

This is the second time I've done this, and I'm feeling a bit deja vu because I'm doing exactly the same thing I did almost two years ago when I started this same blog the first time.

Why the first time, I hear you all scream?

Well, I'm embarrassed to say that I forgot my password the first time I set up my blog, and well, life just moved on... There's only so much you can do in a day and, well, that doesn't include trying to fish through drawers and drawers and drawers stuffed full of bits of paper and old ATM receipts and dog-eared business cards just to find that ONE magic little torn piece of paper which has your password written on it.

A sentence with the words needle and haystack comes to mind here.

So just this morning, one of my colleagues at work who blogs for fun (isn't it just wonderful how we can turn nouns into verbs!) told me about her own blog (it's a noun again now!) and when I logged on to read it my mind was well and truly blown over like a leaf in a leaf-blowing machine.

To be honest, her blog was so good, I was embarrassed! Imagine me, an expatriate university professor living in a foreign country for so many years, with so many stories to tell and I didn't even have a blog! Shame on me!

An Englishman abroad without a blog is like Darth Vader without his light sabre. Or KFC without chicken. Or some other thing that can't exist without something else, you know what I mean!!

So I thought: I'll get even with my blogging friend. I'll create my own! Heh heh heh (cue dramatic Vincent Price villain music).

So why do I call it the Prof. Madder Chronicles?

Well, let me tell you in my best old English professor voice. It's quite simple really.

Firstly, it's, you know, chronicles, right? Like a diary sort of...

Secondly, I'm a professor...

And thirdly, I'm quite mad!

So it's the chronicles of a mad professor!! So obvious, why didn't I think of it?!?

See you tomorrow...........

No comments: