Monday 10 September 2007

White Man's Curse Strikes Again

Looks like I spoke too soon. This morning, on my way to work, the White Man's Curse came up and smacked me full in the face like a jealous lover. Or rather, it hit me in the front bumper of my car.

A little bit of advice for my readers: don't drive downhill in a traffic queue on a wet road when your head is full of worries about wife, work and just about everything else. I was driving in said downhill wet road situation when the Toyota Hilux pickup in front of me suddenly decided to screech to a halt.

Which I also did, but the wet road took my tyres further than I intended, and I ploughed into the back of the Toyota. The driver was polite about it, and I was sheepishly apologetic, but it looks like I will have to pay a hefty sum for the damage (in Malaysia, the person who hits you from behind is deemed to be at fault!).

Isn't it a good thing that I am a loaded White Man!!?

No comments: